Class of 2017
During this busy period, please check your email a couple of times per day (especially before you go home at the end of the day). We will be scheduling on-campus interviews for some colleges and will need to keep you updated. Also, colleges may call us if anything is missing in your file, and we will notify you via email.
- If you applied early and were deferred, here is our advice:
If you were deferred in the early round, remember that you are still in the game. Your application will now become part of the regular pool.
You should write a follow-up letter to the college where you were deferred. The letter acts as an update. Mention any new honors or responsibilities, or discuss a semester paper or project that really interested you. You can also describe your senior project. This letter is also the time to reaffirm your interest in the college; if it is still your first choice, say so. The college counselors are happy to work with you on the letter. Usually, students write a follow-up letter and send it after the first semester.
- All on-campus alumni interviews scheduled individually need to be cleared through the College Office. Please inform Mrs. Dunnington in advance of your scheduled interview so we can notify Campus Safety and make sure an interview space will be available.
- If you receive emails from colleges informing you that something is missing from your application, or if you are checking your application status online and something is missing, DON’T PANIC. Most colleges will be filing materials through the entire month of January. If you find that materials are still missing a couple of weeks past the school’s application deadline, please let us know.
- If you have been accepted ED, you need to withdraw all other applications and notify each college in writing (usually an email to the admission office will suffice).
- If you have been accepted early, be sure to share your good news with teachers who have written your recommendations.
- A helpful website for navigating financial aid applications is mefa.org. Financial aid applications, requirements, and deadlines vary from school to school; however, you will need to complete the FAFSA (https://fafsa.ed.gov), and some schools require the CSS/Profile (http://student.collegeboard.org/css-financial-aid-profile) and/or their own financial aid application. Remember, financial aid deadlines are critical. Most are February 1, but it is your responsibility to check.
- We do not need Mid-Year Reports. We will automatically send your first semester grades to every college where you have an active application.
- If you have made a change to your class schedule since applying to schools, you need to notify the colleges in writing.
Milton Academy’s CEEB code number is 221430
College Office phone number is 617-898-2310
College Office fax number is 617-898-1717
Class I Newsletters
- Class I Newsletter #1
- Class I Newsletter #2
- Class I Newsletter #3
- Class I Newsletter #4
- Class I Newsletter #5
- Class I Newsletter #6
- Class I Newsletter #7
- Class I Newsletter #8
- Class I Newsletter #9
- Class I Newsletter #10
- Class I Newsletter #11
- Class I Newsletter #12
- Class I Newsletter #13
- Class I Newsletter #14
- Class I Newsletter #15
- Class I Newsletter #16
- Class I Newsletter #17
Subscribe to get updates!